Thursday, July 28, 2016

Adaptability: When Life Hands You Lemons, Make Lemonade




While I was reading this article, I was remembering about 8,000 discussions with my parents, in which I was upset about some incident or other, and they were advising me on how to respond. Usually their advice was accompanied by (if not entirely comprised of) one of the following phrases:
“Don’t sweat the small stuff, Brianna.”
“You have to roll with the punches, Brianna.”
“When life hands you lemons…”
“No use crying over spilt milk.”
And my personal favorite, “Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and move on.”

For years, I thought they were spouting nonsense. Turns out, they were right, but, obviously, I’ll never tell them that (because I don’t want to spoil them). These trite little phrases are proof that circumstances change quickly, and the world demands that in order to be a successful person, we must change quickly too. So, next time I find myself in a pickle, I’ll just remember one of these handy phrases, and deal with it!


No comments: